| |Set Goals!
Success is not a gift, but a choice. Whether you are a student in elementary school or a Senior in high school, it takes determination, dedication, attitude, and discipline to become successful.
Successful students are not just goal setters, but goal getters. Setting goals in school gives you a reason for learning. Achieving those goals gives you the confidence to go beyond and fulfill your potential. Start setting goals today for your future tomorrow.
Pick a place to designate as your homework area
Set a time each night to complete homework
Remove distractions - TV, phones, electronic games, etc.
Ensure all needed supplies are available in your homework area
Study 2-3 different subjects regularly everyday, even if there's no test or homework
Review what's been taught in class, on the very same day
Eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly everyday
Sleep at least 8 hours a day
Avoid staying up till late at night when you're having tests
Ask your parents to review your completed assignments or quiz you before a test
| |Test Taking Strategies
Before the Test
- Get plenty of rest
- Eat healthy meals
- Read directions carefully
- Complete the questions that you know for sure
- Eliminate wrong answers on multiple choice questions
- Make sure the question number and number on answer sheet match
- Pace yourself and don't spend too much time on questions you don't know
- Check answers at the end if time permits
- Have extra pencils and erasers handy
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Think positively and breath deeply